First, I was given the Stilletto Award by browneyes @ The White Blue Sky (formerly Larry’s.Ass). (Don’t worry, the blog is still larry’s ass – if you getthe joke.) Yay!
What is a Stiletto Award???
There are thousands of blogs, and there are hundreds of awards. The Stiletto Award is a little different than most!
The Stiletto Award Is For Excellence in Blogging!
I want to salute the women who balance life, family & relationships with style & class! Those women who share their experiences with us…who encourage us, inspire us, teach us, make us laugh and basically keep us going! You know who they are! While you read this blog, your family is looking at you wondering what the heck you are laughing about so hard…or why the tissue is necessary for internet browsing. It’s the one that the kids are excited about cuz a new post means a new craft project or family outing. The one that inspires you to be a better mom, friend, person in general. The one that reminds you that we are all “in this life together” and you’re not the only one going through the hard stuff. The one that you secretly wish your blog was like…
2. BRAG ABOUT IT
3. SAY THANKS
4. SHARE THE LOVE
5. DO WHAT YOU DO…keep at it. Keep inspiring and encouraging and sharing your life! We love it and we thank you!!!
If you’ve received this award, someone out there thinks you deserve it! Be proud! Display the badge with honor! You earned it…after all it means that you brought something special to at least one other person, and really, isn’t that what life’s all about????
This blog is meant to be shared, to be given out, to be bestowed upon any and ALL women who exemplify what the stiletto represents. If you’ve received this award, here’s what you do:
1. Display your Stiletto Badge of Honor on your sidebar! Wear it with pride!
2. SHARE THE LOVE!
I pass this award onto my girls at Loose Marshmallow and Chocolate Monkey. They are two of the funniest girls I know and I LOVE their blog. LOVE. I just wish they’d write in it more. (HINT HINT, hookers.) (Yes, I am summoning my inner Lafayette a la True Blood. You should watch that show. Srsly.)
And second…oh, you shouldn’t have! Metta1313 @ 365 days: 30+Mommyhood gave me the Honest Scrap award! She’s awesome and if you don’t read her blog, you should. She’s also pretty damn cool because our babies share the name Abby!
So how this award works:
Tell 10 honest things about yourself. And of course pass it on…
1. I am a recovering band geek and get the chills when I hear a drumline. Go ahead…put a kick me sign on my back. S’okay.
2. I can’t wait until Abby learns how to read so I can force all the Little House books & Ramona Quimby series on her.
Speaking of, did you see they’re turning Ramona Quimby into a movie? I don’t know how I feel about this.
3. Nail clipping is one of the most disgusting noises ever. Especially when heard at work. It nearly makes me dry heave.
4. I drink a Slim Fast shake every morning for breakfast. Sure, the “not eating” thing is nice, but I honestly drink them because I think they’re yummy. (Don’t even tell me they’re not. Rich Chocolate Royale. Drink it. Love it.)
5. I am emotionally invested in the Minnesota Twins. If they ever get to the World Series, I’m going to be a wreck.
6. I am just as snarky IF NOT MORE in my subconscious than in “real life.” Sometimes my inner dialogue makes me feel bad that I’m so judgey. Sometimes I wish I could tweet mentally to avoid having to sum it up in 140 characters or less.
7. I just had to spray excessive amounts of Odor Eaters into my converse because THEY WERE THE SMELLIEST SHOES EVER. It always SEEMS like a good idea to go without socks. It looks cute too. However…smell ya later.
8. At least once a week I want to totally redo Abby’s room to be girly. I’m trying to hold back until she gets a big girl bed or we move. This will prove to be difficult.
9. I am totally afraid that when we DO want to move (in the next 3-4 years) that we won’t be able to break even on our mortgage. I have nightmares regarding this topic.
10. And finally, someone tweeted about this today: I’m nervous about meeting a lot of my favorite bloggers when I attend BlogHer in August. I’m scared I’ll be super dork and they’ll be all “Whoa. I’ve been tweeting at YOU? Later Nerdasaurus.” At which point I’ll hole up in my fancy schmancy hotel room and OD on cocktail peanuts.
And…I’m spent. Thank you for the awards, ladies! I’m honored!