Who decided to call Wednesday “Humpday?” It makes me feel dirty. And not in a good way.
Anyway, holy crap it’s summer! I mean, it has been summer, but suddenly I’m in the thick of not having a free weekend until the end of August and I’m already feeling like it’s over. I love and hate this all at once.
So, here’s a (not so) quick recap of what the eff I’m up to lately.
- Designing my “business cards” for BlogHer in NYC. You know what? SCRATCH THAT. Obvs they’re not business cards, because if this was my business I’d be as happy as a little girl. Since it’s not, let’s call them what they are. CALLING CARDS. Call me a call-girl. Did I say “call” enough yet? Call. (call.)
- Speaking of BlogHer, the hubs and I just purchased our plane tickets for NYC! So that means I’ll actually be there. OMG. SO EXCITED. Also? I just got Aunt Becky’s phone number. Get ready for drunk texts about how awesome you are in the next month, Ms. Becky. You’ve been warned.
- Prepping myself for insanity. I have two bachelorette parties, a baby shower and a weekend in the northwoods coming up in the next 3 weeks. And then New York. And then a wedding. I have a lot of dress shopping to do.
- Abbers has two new toofies on the top. Last night I dreamed she got all her teeth at once. In the same dream I was also completely hysterical. I WONDER WHY. Abby’s thisclose to crawling as well. And seemingly thisclose to standing and walking. She’d apparently like to do them all at once, thankyouverymuch. We’ll see which one she masters first.
- I also talked to John the Midwife about The Funk. It’s been getting better lately, but now The Funk is kind of morphing into The Anxiety and that is equally as shitty. Especially since I have to get on a plane in a matter of weeks. Needless to say, he recommended I talk to someone, and is calling me in a week to make sure I’ve made an appointment to do so. Have I mentioned I love John? Because I do. I’ll be making my appointment…soon.
So…I think that’s about all I can wrap up for now. It’s a busy time, summers in the Midwest. We only get so many days to be outside and soak up as much vitamin D as we can before we’re all buried in snow and pissing & moaning about living here.