Whoops. I did that thing where I got writers block and then all the sudden it’s been a month since I posted.
‘Tis the season for lots of family and friends and activities and anxiety.
Let’s not call this a comeback, as LL Cool J might. Lord knows I said that before and then I vanished again.
Anyway – CATCH-UP! In LIST VERSION!
- Abby had like, four birthday parties, partially due to the fact that her great-great-grandfather (the hubs’ grandpa) passed away close to her birthday weekend. The hubs’ parents wanted to be there for him and so they missed her original birthday party. So she had a party at daycare, a party at our house the night of her birthday, a party that weekend, and then another party the following weekend. In between those parties, her great-great-grandfather was laid to rest. He loved her so dearly, it was sad to see him go.
- HALLOWEEN! This guurrrlll can trick or treat like nobody’s business. I think mostly she liked ringing doorbells since she was ringing them even when the person was standing right there. She got a crapload of candy which I immediately devoured all instances of KitKats and Reese’s peanut butter cups. Whoops. Whatever. I paid for her costume. That was the fee.
- This past month has been a vocabulary whirlwind for lil’ Abbers. Along with that has come some moments of stuttering that can be alarming at times, but usually it gets better, and then she’s got like, 10 more words in her vernacular. She just starting using the word “because” in sentences which may be the cutest thing ever.
- She’s started having nightmares about spiders being in/on her blankie, which results in her waking in a crying, screaming panic. Eeek. Something tells me this is somehow my fault. Since GETTHEEFFAWAYFROMMESPIDERSIHATEYOU. I also kind of tickle her pretending to be a spider (which I thought would make her less afraid (my dad did the same)), but maybe it’s making things worse. Regardless, she wakes up and then ends up in our bed. F minus.
- I’ve decided I’ve have enough of toting bottles to my parents house and also HAVING A TWO YEAR OLD STILL DRINKING BOTTLES. She only gets one at night, before bed, before tooth brushing, before sleep. I’m too worried about doing this cold turkey and being without her consent, so I decided the “Bottle Fairy” will visit our house over the weekend. We’ll pack all of Abby’s bottles up and put them in a bag under the Christmas tree (yeah, it’s been up for over a week now AND WHAT) and the Bottle Fairy will take them with her and leave a present behind. I heard it’s stickers. Shhhh. We told Abby last night that this was happening, and she seemed excited. (Also I don’t know if she knew what all this really means. I think she only heard “present.”)
Ahhh, so that’s what’s happened in the past month. Also Thanksgiving. But obviously that was just food.
Next post will be a shit-ton of photos from the last month. Hopefully it won’t be Christmas by the time those are up.