Worthless work day.

No Comments
Posted 28 Dec 2007 in uncategorized

Today is my first day back at work since last Friday. I had Wednesday off (after Xmas Eve and Day) and then yesterday, I chose to work from home.

The worst part is I do in fact have TONS of work to do, yet simply choose not to do it. It’s monkey work. My boss even knows that. Monkey work is the hardest to get motivated to do. Bah. I’ll just blog and email today. Maybe I’ll work later.

Anyway – I’ve been gone for quite a while, so this is bound to be a long bloggy. Or, maybe I’ll just sum it up.

I’m so glad Christmas is over. I’m glad we have nothing going on until the end of January when we go to Costa Rica. I just can’t imagine having a weekend where we don’t really have anything we HAVE to do! Although, tomorrow we have to go the apartment and get out our last few things, and sweep up and lightly clean. But THEN, we’ll have nothing to do.

Back to what everyone missed. (As if it’s so fabulous.) I scrambled from Tuesday – Friday unpacking and making our house look lived in. Friday, I had an eye doctor appointment since my eyes had taken on a “I’m stoned/I have pink eye” kind of look over the past couple of weeks. Diagnosis? Ocular Rosecea. I’ll let you google that one on your own, if you wish. It basically means my eyes suck. And they’ll probably keep sucking until I die. He gave me some drops that are some kind of steroid to help with the redness. I heart getting old.

Saturday my folks came up from Wisconsin. We had an awesome time while they were here. Lots of drinks, laughs and I even made dinner for everyone. It was a monumental experience none the less. It snowed like a bitch on Sunday – the hubs had to shovel twice or something. My mom and I both cried when they left on Sunday night to go back to the hotel, but we didn’t know it until later. Funny – I never thought I’d do that. I don’t think my mom did either.

Monday morning (Xmas Eve) I was hungover like a SOB and nearly threw up after we picked up the keg for the party we were having the next night. I went home and snoozed while the husband picked up his bro from the airport. Then – it was time for family festivities. Lesson learned: don’t be hungover when you have to deal with someone else’s family. :) Don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t that bad. But a couple glasses of wine would have helped. So many screaming babies, so many cousins of my husband whose names I couldn’t remember. We were home by 11:30pm and went straight to bed.

Tuesday morning, we cleaned and prepped the house for the plethora of people about to arrive that evening (people meaning friends of my husband and his siblings – really none of my friends could come due to being out of town). Then in the afternoon we went to the husband’s folks house. We ate tons of food, opened presents, and then we took off to set up food for the party. Luckily (!) it snowed all day on Christmas so the amount of people who came over was slightly diminished. It was a good time had by all, and the last person was put into a cab at 4am, and then to bed.

The rest is just blahness – mostly sleeping on couches and not being productive. Miles the cat was the sweetest – he’s been my furry blanket for the past couple of days. I wish he was at the office with me to keep me warm.

So, that was my holiday. I missed like 800 calls from my family and friends the past few days due to being busy and also having my ringer off most of the time, and not having the sense enough to turn it back on when I realized it. Buh.

And the most important item of this blog – the “what did I get for Christmas” list:

From the hubby:
An 8GB iPod Nano. (and it’s blue!)
Justin Timberlake: Live from Madison Square Garden DVD. (now that’s sex in a box!)

From my parents:
850 thread count sheets (EXCELLENT)
Some cute Nick & Nora PJs
Fresh Laundry perfume by Clean (smells so good!)
An ornament
Some $$

From Hubby’s folks:
Cute earrings I wanted from Patina
Some $$

Although probably not technically a Christmas gift, my friend David scored me a bottle of LAMB perfume. I think I’ll split it with my friend Angie. She loves it as much as I do, but I won’t use the whole bottle, that’s for sure.

My grandparents and his gave us $$, ornaments, and other misc items. It was a pretty good Christmas in that department.

And now, this ginormous post is coming to an end. Looks like I didn’t sum up anything. Oops.

Add Your Comment

CommentLuv badge